This info is from The New York Times International Weekly as published by Manila Bulletin,
Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013
1. Millions of people around the world are reading the free Bible App through “YouVersion” of the Internet.
2. It is created by LifeChurch.tv, a technologically advanced evangelical church in the US
3. It is what the church calls its “digital missions”.
4. It has more than 600 Bible version in more than 400 languages.
5. It is nondenominational including versions for Catholics, Russian Orthodox and Messianic Jews.
6. By July this year, the App reached 100 million downloads, placing it in the company of technology start-ups like Instagram.